Engineering involves the application of creativity in partnership with math, science, social studies, language arts and fine arts to search for quicker , feasible and better materials of nature to meet today’s challenges. Engineers are the real problem solvers of today who use every resource possible to bring into existence things and ideas that they imagine. Let me list down some of the most precise reasons why you should opt for engineering .
- Apart from having the opportunity for rapid advancement in the companies, Engineers frequently have a high level of responsibility and autonomy in their positions.
- Engineering degrees provide excellent preparation for other professional degrees such as medicine, law or business giving you wide range of options in the future where you can try your hand in.
- To be a scientist , you might have to have an advanced degree, but engineers are very employable even with a bachelor’s degree.
- Creative problem solving will take you to uncharted territory ,and the ideas given by your colleagues will expose you to a totally different way of thinking. this is one of the reasons why you will never get bored of your job.
- Engineers not only ear a lot of respect, but also they’re highly paid.
- Everywhere you look you’ll see examples of engineering having a positive effect on everyday life. Cars are safer, sound systems deliver better acoustics, medical tests are more accurate, and computers and cell phones are a lot more fun! You’ll be giving back to your community.
- In very real and concrete ways, engineers save lives, prevent disease, reduce poverty, and protect our planet. Imagine what life would be like without pollution controls to preserve the environment, lifesaving medical equipment, or low-cost building materials for fighting global poverty. All this takes engineering.
- Engineering is an exciting profession, but one of its greatest advantages is that it will leave you time for all the other things in your life that you love!
About The Author
NAVODITA BHANDARI, Intern
Navodita is a 2ND YEAR ENGINEERING STUDENT at INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY DEPARTMENT, SYMBIOSIS INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY