Today we will, Learn some of the basic network theory which will help you in your engineering entrance exam, engineering exam, GATE etc.. Most importantly the Classification of Electric Network Theory is basically for electrical engineering, electronics & communication engineering, Electrical – electronic engineering etc. Means basically with electrical domain. So, taday we will learn how many types of electric Networks are there ? So, let’s have a look at the brief discription on classification of Electric network.
1) Linear Network: A Network whose parameter elements are like capacitor, Inductance & Resistance are always constant irrespective of the change in time, temperature, voltage etc. It also follows ohms law.
2) Bilateral Network: The Circuit whose behaviour & characteristics are same irrespective direction of current through various elements of it.
3) Unilateral Network : Those Circuit whose operation, behaviour is dependent on the direction of the current through various elements is called is called unilateral network.
4) Active Network: A Circuit which contains at least one source of energy is called Active, may be a voltage or a current source.
5) Passive Network: A Circuit which does not contain any source of energy in the network or a circuit is known as passive network.
6) Lumped Network: A Network in which all the network elements are physically separable .
7) Distributed Network: A Network in which all the elements like R, L, C etc are not physically separable is known as Distributed Network.
There many things to learn about the like Energy Sources have many different types. We will keep posting you. Hope this Helps.