After a long time Google Finally announced the secret behind the letter “M”. Google Now officially announced that Android M is “Marshmallow” – Version 6.0. Recently Sundar Pichai is appointed as a New CEO of Google & we can expect much growth in company & the new Android Version. As, already Sundar Pichai was the head & SVP of Google Android. After a long month wait we have the Android M6.0 Google Revealed the name Behind Android M which is “Marshmallow“. As Today Google announced Android M Developer Preview.
The Google Android M 6.0 Marshmallow will be officially released in Third quarter of 2015. But Now the Android M Developer Preview is released. Google announced some new awesome features in Google Android M developer Preview which are as follows:-
- App Permission: to update the permissions user interface and enhanced some of the permissions behavior.
- Update to Finger Print Support: fingerprint support which enables better error reporting, better fingerprint enrollment experience, plus enumeration support for greater reliability
- Doze power Saving Mode: Some apps will be automatically removed from the background when not in use & saves battery
- Amazing Web Experience: The Built in Chrome is much faster & gives better results
How to Get Google Android M 6.0 Marshmallow Developer Preview Update:-
- You can get the Device System Image which you will get HERE.
- The Android 6.0 SDK is final, the devices system images are still developer preview versions. The preview images are near final but they are not intended for consumer use. it will be launched later but in 2015.
- Currently Android M Developer Preview Testing only Support Nexus devices (Nexus 5, Nexus 6, Nexus 9 & Nexus Player).
- Developers need to Update their Apps.
SOURCE: Android Developers Blog